All-on-4 Dental Implants at Polygems Dental Care
What are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are a type of dental implant treatment that can replace an entire arch of missing teeth with only four or six implants. The implants are strategically placed in the jawbone to support a fixed bridge that can restore your smile, chewing function, and facial appearance. All-on-4 dental implants are also known as pro-arch, teeth-in-a-day, or full mouth implants.
Why Do You Need All-on-4 Dental Implants?
You may need all-on-4 dental implants if you have lost most or all of your natural teeth due to tooth decay, gum disease, injury, or other reasons. All-on-4 dental implants can provide you with many benefits, such as:
- Improving your appearance and self-esteem by filling the gaps in your smile
- Enhancing your speech and pronunciation by supporting your lips and cheeks
- Increasing your chewing ability and nutrition by allowing you to eat a variety of foods
- Protecting your oral health and preventing further bone loss by stimulating your jawbone
- Saving you time and money by reducing the number of implants and surgeries needed
How are All-on-4 Dental Implants Performed?
All-on-4 dental implants are performed by a qualified dentist at Polygems Dental Care. The procedure usually takes one day and involves the following steps:
- The dentist will examine your mouth and take an X-ray or a CT scan to assess the condition and suitability of your jawbone for all-on-4 dental implants.
- The dentist will discuss with you the type and design of the bridge that best suits your needs and preferences. You can choose between different materials, shapes, sizes, colours, and alignments of your artificial teeth.
- The dentist will administer local anaesthesia or sedation to numb your mouth and make you comfortable during the surgery.
- The dentist will place four or six implants in your jawbone at specific angles and positions to maximise the bone support and stability. The implants are made of titanium or zirconia, which are biocompatible materials that fuse with your bone.
- The dentist will attach a temporary bridge to the implants on the same day. The bridge is made of acrylic resin or metal and is custom-made to fit your mouth. The bridge will provide you with a full set of teeth in a day.
- The dentist will give you some instructions on how to care for your all-on-4 dental implants and schedule a follow-up appointment to monitor your healing process.
- After four to six months of healing, the dentist will replace the temporary bridge with a permanent bridge. The permanent bridge is made of porcelain or ceramic and is more durable and natural-looking than the temporary bridge.
What are the Benefits and Risks of All-on-4 Dental Implants?
The benefits of all-on-4 dental implants are:
- They are the most stable and durable solution for replacing an entire arch of missing teeth
- They look and feel like natural teeth
- They last for a long time with proper care and maintenance
- They can be completed in one day with minimal discomfort and recovery time
The risks of all-on-4 dental implants are:
- They may cause some temporary swelling, bruising, bleeding, or pain after the surgery
- They may not be suitable for everyone depending on their bone quality and quantity
- They may require some adjustments or repairs over time due to wear and tear or complications
- They may be more expensive than other tooth replacement options
How Much Do All-on-4 Dental Implants Cost?
The cost of all-on-4 dental implants depends on several factors, such as:
- The type and number of bridges that you need
- The complexity and duration of the procedure
- The experience and qualifications of the dentist
- The location and reputation of the dental clinic
Can I Use MediSave Pay for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
Yes, you can use MediSave to pay for a portion of your All-on-4 Dental Implants.
Can I Use CHAS subsidies for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
No, you cannot at the point of publishing. For updated information, head to www.chas.sg
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about all-on-4 dental implants:
How long do all-on-4 dental implants last?
All-on-4 dental implants can last for several years if they are well-maintained and cared for. However, they may need to be relined or replaced as your gums and bones change over time due to ageing or disease. You should visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleaning to ensure that your all-on-4 dental implants fit properly and function well.
How do I care for my all-on-4 dental implants?
You should care for your all-on-4 dental implants as you would for your natural teeth. You should brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoride toothpaste. You should also floss your teeth once a day to remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth and implants. You should also rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash after eating or drinking to prevent staining. You should avoid biting on hard foods or objects that may damage your implants or bridge, such as ice, nuts, bones, or pens. You should also avoid habits that may harm your implants or bridge, such as grinding your teeth, clenching your jaw, or chewing your nails.
Can I eat normally with all-on-4 dental implants?
You can eat most foods with all-on-4 dental implants, but you may need to avoid some hard, sticky, or chewy foods that may damage your implants or bridge or cause them to slip out of place. You may also need to cut your food into smaller pieces and chew slowly and evenly on both sides of your mouth. You should also drink plenty of water and avoid drinking hot beverages that may warp your bridge.