2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray
What are 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray?
2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray are two types of dental imaging techniques that use X-rays to capture the images of your teeth, jaws, and surrounding structures. They are also known as panoramic and cone beam computed tomography, respectively.
2-D (OPG) X-ray
2-D (OPG) X-ray is a technique that produces a single, flat image of your entire mouth, including the upper and lower jaws, the teeth, and the temporomandibular joints. It is done by rotating an X-ray source and a sensor around your head, creating a panoramic view of your mouth. It can be used to diagnose and plan treatments for various dental conditions, such as:
- Tooth decay and infection
- Impacted or unerupted teeth
- Periodontal disease and bone loss
- Fractures or trauma
- Developmental abnormalities
- Orthodontic treatment
- Implant placement
3-D (CBCT) X-ray
3-D (CBCT) X-ray is a technique that produces a three-dimensional image of your mouth, showing the details of the soft and hard tissues, the nerves, and the blood vessels. It is done by rotating an X-ray source and a sensor around your head, creating a cone-shaped beam of X-rays that captures multiple images of your mouth. These images are then reconstructed into a 3-D model of your mouth using a computer. It can be used to diagnose and plan treatments for complex dental conditions, such as:
- Impacted or unerupted teeth
- Large lesions or tumors
- Sinus problems or infections
- Anatomical variations or anomalies
- Surgical planning for implants or extractions
- Endodontic treatment or root canal therapy
What are the benefits of 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray?
2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray have many benefits for your oral health and well-being, such as:
- Providing accurate and comprehensive information about your dental condition and anatomy.
- Enhancing diagnosis and treatment planning for various dental procedures.
- Reducing the need for multiple or invasive examinations or tests.
- Improving your appearance and confidence by restoring your smile and function.
- Enhancing your overall health by preventing or treating dental problems that can affect other parts of your body.
What are the risks of 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray?
2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray are generally safe and effective procedures, but they may involve some risks and complications, such as:
- Exposure to radiation, which can increase the risk of cancer or genetic mutations in rare cases.
- Allergic reactions to contrast agents or materials used in some cases.
- Image artifacts or distortions due to metal objects, movement, or improper positioning.
- Damage to nearby tissues or organs due to excessive heat or radiation.
How to prepare for 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray?
Before scheduling a 2-D (OPG) or 3-D (CBCT) X-ray, you will have a consultation with your dentist or oral surgeon. They will examine your teeth and gums and take a medical history to determine the need and suitability of the procedure. They will also explain the benefits, risks, and alternatives of the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
You may also need to follow some instructions before your procedure, such as:
- Informing your dentist or oral surgeon if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any medical conditions or allergies.
- Avoiding eating or drinking anything for a few hours before your procedure if you are having sedation or contrast agents.
- Removing any metal objects, jewelry, eyeglasses, dentures, or hearing aids from your head or neck area before your procedure.
- Wearing comfortable and loose-fitting clothing during your procedure.
What to expect during 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray?
The procedure for 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray is simple and straightforward. Here is what you can expect when you visit Polygems Dental Clinic for your procedure:
- First, you will be seated in a chair or on a table in front of the X-ray machine. You will be given a lead apron to wear to protect your body from radiation. You may also be given an injection of contrast agent or sedative if needed.
- Next, you will be asked to bite on a plastic device or place your chin on a rest to position your head and mouth. You will be instructed to stay still and hold your breath during the procedure.
- Then, the X-ray source and sensor will rotate around your head, taking multiple images of your mouth. You may hear some clicking or buzzing sounds during the procedure. The procedure will take a few seconds for 2-D (OPG) X-ray and a few minutes for 3-D (CBCT) X-ray.
- Finally, the images will be sent to a computer and displayed on a monitor. Your dentist or oral surgeon will review the images and discuss the results and treatment options with you.
How much do 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray cost at Polygems Dental Clinic?
The cost of 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray at Polygems Dental Clinic depends on several factors, such as:
- The type and number of images required.
- The complexity and purpose of the procedure.
- Your insurance coverage and co-payment.
We offer affordable and transparent pricing for our 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray services. We accept most insurance plans and offer flexible payment options. We also provide free consultations and estimates for our services.
Can I Use MediSave Pay for X-Ray?
No, you cannot use MediSave to pay for X-rays.
Can I Use CHAS subsidies for X-Ray?
Yes, you can at the point of publishing. For updated information, head to www.chas.sg
Why choose Polygems Dental Clinic for 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray?
Polygems Dental Clinic is a trusted and reputable dental clinic in Yishun, Fernvale, Seletar, or Seng Kang that has been serving the community for over 20 years. Here are some reasons why you should choose us for your 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray:
- We have a team of experienced and qualified dentists and oral surgeons who are passionate about providing the best care for our patients. They are trained in the latest techniques and technologies in 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray and are committed to continuing education and professional development.
- We have a modern and comfortable facility that is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and instruments. We use high-quality materials and advanced tools to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and safety in our procedures.
- We have a friendly and caring staff who are dedicated to making your visit as pleasant and stress-free as possible. They will greet you warmly, answer your questions, explain your options, and guide you through every step of your procedure.
- We care about your smile and your satisfaction. That’s why we strive to deliver the best 2-D (OPG) and 3-D (CBCT) X-ray services in Yishun, Fernvale, Seletar, or Seng Kang. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services. We look forward to seeing you soon!